Came home to this...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Told ya! 😂
Forgot to say, that thaianum has red spots inside the pouch, which are visible also from the outside. The flower is pure white, but there may be some red dots on the petals. And looking closely tnyr's flower it seems to be real thaianum.
So it's decided now, and case closed. 😉😁
I try to be nice but your "English" is hard to understand...
Let me ask you, Do you still think it is a hybrid? The "explanation" that you are giving doesn't support your original thinking.
Girl, you still have a lot to learn before you become an "expert", and quite frankly, I don't think you have the basic taxonomy knowledge yet. (I am not trying to be rude here but it is your reality). "case closed"!

Last edited:
I’m convinced this is pure thianum but thank you for your reasoning. Where’s that photo of a bunch blooming in situ? Did I imagine it? Can’t find it.

Last edited:
Hi Tom-DE. I apologize for taking so long to answer. When I think I`ll have time, something happens, or someone comes, and we go again.
I`m sorry if you don`t understand my English, I can`t do much about that at least immediately. I did apologize already in advance in my introduction for mistakes I make and said on some thread, don`t remember which one, that you people are welcome to point out my mistakes. I`m sorry if you got upset, or anyone else for that matter. It is just bad if tnyr5 got offended. She or he, I`m sorry, I don`t know which one, has not said anything yet. I know my explanation was not so good, but I did not want to start giving any `official descriptions`, (too long) which I have studied many times from all Paphs. made by real experts, like Mr Olaf Gruss, Mr Koopowitz, Mr Averianov etc. I know my description was poor and my thinking it was a hybrid was a mistake which can happen even in the best of Families, as we say here in Finland. Now when I did look at that photo from my PC, it looks like thaianum. I don`t know why, but on my phone, it looked so pink and different, or maybe it`s my eyes that are deceiving me. I still was not aware one is not allowed to make a mistake here at ST. Still, at least I would not jump so quickly to a conclusion about someone's skills by one mistake. I don`t think you can know my number of skills or the lack of them. I have not tried to or pretended to be any kind of expert here who masters everything. But it`s good to have others here who are that!
BTW, when I said `end of discussion`, I should have added, that I meant it just for my part.
I happened to find on the internet, while searching for something else, that there was a thread here at ST in 2010 of P. thaianum from someone called Kawanaru. (I`m almost sure there have been other threads also.) There was a nice picture of a beautiful thaianum plant and flowers. Only, I have seen that exact same picture on a page of something called Plantae Orchids. If you find that thread, you can look at what kind of pictures most of the thaianums I have seen pictures of look like.

PS. Tom, if you do not understand anything of this, hopefully, someone else can help you.
Regards, Annica

Hi Tom-DE. I apologize for taking so long to answer. When I think I`ll have time, something happens, or someone comes, and we go again.
I`m sorry if you don`t understand my English, I can`t do much about that at least immediately. I did apologize already in advance in my introduction for mistakes I make and said on some thread, don`t remember which one, that you people are welcome to point out my mistakes. I`m sorry if you got upset, or anyone else for that matter. It is just bad if tnyr5 got offended. She or he, I`m sorry, I don`t know which one, has not said anything yet. I know my explanation was not so good, but I did not want to start giving any `official descriptions`, (too long) which I have studied many times from all Paphs. made by real experts, like Mr Olaf Gruss, Mr Koopowitz, Mr Averianov etc. I know my description was poor and my thinking it was a hybrid was a mistake which can happen even in the best of Families, as we say here in Finland. Now when I did look at that photo from my PC, it looks like thaianum. I don`t know why, but on my phone, it looked so pink and different, or maybe it`s my eyes that are deceiving me. I still was not aware one is not allowed to make a mistake here at ST. Still, at least I would not jump so quickly to a conclusion about someone's skills by one mistake. I don`t think you can know my number of skills or the lack of them. I have not tried to or pretended to be any kind of expert here who masters everything. But it`s good to have others here who are that!
BTW, when I said `end of discussion`, I should have added, that I meant it just for my part.
I happened to find on the internet, while searching for something else, that there was a thread here at ST in 2010 of P. thaianum from someone called Kawanaru. (I`m almost sure there have been other threads also.) There was a nice picture of a beautiful thaianum plant and flowers. Only, I have seen that exact same picture on a page of something called Plantae Orchids. If you find that thread, you can look at what kind of pictures most of the thaianums I have seen pictures of look like.

PS. Tom, if you do not understand anything of this, hopefully, someone else can help you.
Regards, Annica
Did you know you can click on a member’s profile and select “ignore,” and then you just won’t see their content? I have this same person set to ignore and it makes the forum more pleasant for me.

No BrucherT, I did not. I have to check it out. Thank so much for this information, that was very kind from/of you. Love you for it! 🤗😘
annica, don't jump up and down yet!
BrucherT (AKA...) is the only @#@&... I have ever put on my ignore list because...(long story), I am not here to kiss ass... when someone posts something obviously wrong or pretends to be..., I will point it out. If he/she doesn't like what I say, so be it. Forum is not for thin-skinned people.
FYI, you still can see the contents of your ignored members if you are not logged in, so it is a waste of effort and it is very childish IMO...so I will take him off the ignore list after this.

Chicago Chad...the "notorious" plant smuggler (accused by another member), you don't have to hide...let's talk.

Last edited:

Regards, Annica
Annica, no need to apologize. Every opinion/statement should be welcome here as long as it is not written in a rude or offending manner. Discussion will show whether this opinion/statement was right or wrong.

Last edited:
Well Tom-DE, I've not been jumping up and down here, as you put it. And I have not been thinking of ignoring you, atleast not yet. I was just thankig BrucherT for the information that was giving by him or her (sorry). It's kind when someone tries to help.
BTW. It's okay e.g. to point out mistakes or something else, but it is also important how you do that. There are many ways to express things. We have a phrase here, which I don't know if I can translate it correctly. The phrase goes like this: The forest answers the same way you shout to it. It means the same as you reap what you sow or what goes around, comes around etc.
You may do as you want, it doesn't matter to me.

He tried to manipulate you if you still have not noticed that yet... but whatever you said, and I don't take this as a threat.

"case closed!" (although I think it is not a nice/polite way to end the discussion) Send me a pm if you wish.

Sorry, Tony (tnyr5).

“Forum is not for thin-skinned people” Well I didn’t see that coming. If this had been in academia maybe.

Annica: continue enjoying orchid growing. I will for sure, even if I take it very seriously.

Where did that quote about the forum come from? And no-one should need to have a thick skin to be here.
Please mind your manners while here.

Latest posts

Back