C. parviflorum?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eric Muehlbauer

I got this a month or so ago on ebay. It was labelled C. pubescens, but to me it seems like C.p. parviflorum...its pretty small. I do like it a lot though.....

Sorry.......forgot the photo!
001-4.jpg

Cyp. parviflorum var. pubescens. I go by the flower to determine the variety, not the plant size, and this looks like var. pubescens.

^

I agree

Me too.

Interesting yellow form, if it will stay like that you will have a alba one.
Only heard of them, but they can get darker by the time.

Please post again in a few weeks, can you self it, for the pollen?

Thanks...the petals did get somewhat darker, but overall it still seems a bit light. I thought that size was the main difference between pubescens and parviflorum....This is certainly far smaller than any pubescens I have ever seen...no more than 6" tall, maybe 5. The parviflorum I just got from Ron is still growing out but its already larger than this plant.

Thanks...the petals did get somewhat darker, but overall it still seems a bit light. I thought that size was the main difference between pubescens and parviflorum....This is certainly far smaller than any pubescens I have ever seen...no more than 6" tall, maybe 5. The parviflorum I just got from Ron is still growing out but its already larger than this plant.

Yep, plant size can vary greatly. For example, tiny C. p. var. pubescens can be found in windswept heath thickets of Newfoundland. I've seen really small pubescens on mountaintops along the Appalachian Trail. It seems to have a propensity for shrinking in "sub-optimal" conditions.

Young plants are often to smaller.
my mother plants have nearly the double size as the seedlings flowering the first time. But in this case, there are some which are bigger ones.

Latest posts

Back