Bulbo bandishii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
Getting a fair number of spikes this year.

bandishii2012.jpg

Bulbo's are awesome! Certainly the freaks of the orchid world :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

This one is one of the best Hyalosema Bulbos around! Congrats on such a good blooming. Is that part of the plant in the bottom right?

This one is one of the best Hyalosema Bulbos around! Congrats on such a good blooming. Is that part of the plant in the bottom right?
The mottled leaf in the background is Phal schilleriana I'm nursing back to health. The big plain green leaf is the Bulbo, and it has been doing a good job filling up an 8" basket.

It's also a good size flower (even for a Hyalosema). The flowers that tip back and stretch out have cleared 18 cm.

Incidentally this a piece of the original type specimen imported by Bandish in the mid 90's ('Wolfgangs Gift')

Last edited:
Incidentally this a piece of the original type specimen imported by Bandish in the mid 90's ('Wolfgangs Gift')

That's pretty cool! At least no one can dispute the ID on that one, and it has a bit of history to it as well. Yours seem to be a bit more colorful that others I've seen. I'm not sure if it's the pictures or if yours really is a little less brownish yellow. If a piece ever happens to fall out of that basket...:D

Back