budsandexotics on ebay!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Greenpaph

budsandexotics is the seller on ebay that has been using my photo of Blc. Malworth 'Orchidglade' FCC/AOS. I posted it on this forum in the past 6 months.
I tried to report it (with everyone's help from this forum)! However, because my photo is not copyright; they say they can do nothing.
I wrote to the seller and they never responded.

Please be aware!:mad:

It was just put back on ebay!

That's nonsense. Did you go through the process for ebay to notify sellers that you did not give permission for the use of this photo?

Psst. Put your name on your photo with photoshop etc.. Fax it to them and say that the vendor obviously has erased your name on the ebay photo.... problem solved.

If it is your photo anyway, does the time you copyright it have any thing to do with it? I mean, for all those of us who have posted photos in the past, if we were to copyright them now, does it now protect from future use, even if the user finds/has an old version of the photo?

I sent a message to this vendor letting them know that as long as they continue to use photographs without permission there are people who will not buy from them. If enough people do the same perhaps it will have an effect.

what on earth is this "not copyrighted" bs? If you take the photo, you own the copyright to it. There is no legal requirement to register the work (unless you want to sue, in which case you do) to claim copyright. It's yours.

The Copyright Office has a FAQ page with basics. http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/

I sent a message to this vendor letting them know that as long as they continue to use photographs without permission there are people who will not buy from them. If enough people do the same perhaps it will have an effect.

I did also! The funny part about it is that they had a few plants I was interested in!

Latest posts

Back