Brassavola cucullata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nikv

Hi!

I have the first flowers of the season on my Brassavola cucullata. This plant tends to bloom all summer for me. I purchased the plant at least ten years ago from Andy's Orchids on a Stick. This one doesn't have any bronze or red coloration in it, but I'm happy with it. It also has the most fabulous, citrus-like aroma at night!

IMG_0728a.jpg

IMG_0729a.jpg

IMG_0733a.jpg

I have a second plant but it's an un-bloomed seedling. I'm hoping that one gives me the bronze or red flowers. Of course, temperature seems to have a lot to do with it from what I've read.

Best Regards,
Nik

Nik, did you see this recent thread?

You must be referring to this thread:

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12792

Yes, it's a very good discussion. Thanks! :)

very nice strong plant Nik!!! does it have 3 flowers or more?? (mine had just 1 this time:eek:). Jean

It currently has three flowers with more on the way. The third flower isn't all that visible in the photos as it's towards the Dracaena.

Best Regards,
Nik

P.S. I just now realized that I put this thread in the Discussions section instead of the Photos section where it belongs. Feel free to move it.

It is indeed very beautiful and haunting. I was lucky enough to behold one of these at the local orchid grower last year.

Back