Brachypetalum Extravaganza

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some more, not much time to play with the kit, but I guess you can see what's what:

6033133914_3415f43f61_b.jpg

From left:
leucochilum outcross (no name as yet)
concolor China Type
Deception album
Iratsume album, and a good one too!
concolor (wild plant)

Good enough for an extra shot or 2:
6033132302_2848352152_b.jpg

Paphiopedilum Iratsume album "You're mine"

6033133184_eefbfdda4d_b.jpg

Paphiopedilum Iratsume album "You're mine"

Gee, wonderful collection of Brachy's. Larger and better than most hobbyists living in the tropics. Congratulation!!!!!
I love that Iratsume. Can you give some measurements please (Flower span and Dorsal width). It could be the missing piece of white hybridising.

It could be the missing piece of white hybridising.

Very nice one, but unfortunately it is of no use for the complex white breeding :D

Complex white breeding use the dominant genes of insigne sanderae, which is a dominant albinistic-like flower, and the whitening effect of niveum ( which erases the brown and green to replace them by pink, itself removed by the insigne sanderae traits) together to produce white complex.

So if you use the iratsume album, or any brachy album, you get the same thing as if you were using a coloratum form.

I'm currently on a business trip, I'll provide the measurements of Iratsume when I'm back.

I'm really sorry guys, I've been too bussy for my own good. My trouble is: I'm horribly bad making time, and I can't work out how to squeeze anything more than 43hours into any one day.

Here's what's out and about right now.

"Black & White" on the right you do know, it's been kind enough to even start one further bud, about 2 weeks from opening, No. 2 still pests me for a cultivar.

Not quite your Thailand standart of frontline outcrossing, but good enough for thriving within Europe. I hope you'll like these 2. There's a few more, but the 2 are worthy of your attention...

7855392102_ac786464b5_c.jpg

7855391588_6f577dc7c2_c.jpg

7855390716_a5685fbb86_c.jpg

7855390434_2bea747f41_c.jpg

Latest posts

Back