Blc. Blue Grotto 'Soft Touch' HCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
This one is fragrant and is blooming on 2 spikes. A third spike is in bud. It's growing in semi hydro and outgrowing an 8" pot. It's in high light hanging up in the g.h. I just pollinated it with some other 'blue' catts. so we'll see if the crosses take.

Grotto.jpg

Grotto2.jpg

Ooooooh, I just love the blues! Thanks for sharing these gorgeous photos! :rollhappy:

Lovely Candace.

Inquisitive minds want to know, with what did you pollinate it?

wow candace! that is a beautiful plant. I hope the pollen takes. That could have some gorgeous offspring!

Inquisitive minds want to know, with what did you pollinate it?

With Lc. Mary Elizabeth Bohn 'Royal Flare' AM/AOS that I don't think will take. It may very well be that M.E.B. is good for breeding as a mother only. The pollen didn't look good. So, I'll so the reciprocal later.

And an awarded, blue Canhamiana.

I've got quite a few pods going to the lab in the next few months. And some mother flasks growing out now. So I'll probably have some flasks to sell in the next year.

With Lc. Mary Elizabeth Bohn 'Royal Flare' AM/AOS that I don't think will take. It may very well be that M.E.B. is good for breeding as a mother only. The pollen didn't look good. So, I'll so the reciprocal later.

Candace, is you MEB blue also? Bill Porter has one that's a gorgeous blue, but I don't know if that's typical of MEB.

Latest posts

Back