Big problem on a venustum advice needed quickly !!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@

@n@iwod

Hello

Here a venustum fma albino in bud.

I noticed spots on one leave (bacterium, fungus, i am not sure..).

I had the same symptoms on another plant, curiously just before flowering and I've never been able to determine its origin.

These spots quickly progresse and emerged for 3 days.
Your opinion will help me to treat the plant adequately, hoping not to interfere with flowering.

Thank you in advance for your advice

liizex7mHV_paphiopedilum-venustum-album-leaves.JPG

liizJcBJ5k_paphiopedilum-venustum-album-leaves__2_.JPG

I have no idea but I wish you good luck!!! I hope it is treated appropriatelly and as soon as possible!!!! Show us a pic of the blooms...;)

I don't know what the experts would suggest.
But I would wait to see if more spots appear, if not, I would leave it alone, not splatter water on the leaves to contaminate other leaves.
If this symptom seems to be limited on an old growth, perhaps you can sterilized a cutting stool, and trim the leaf just below the infection, instead treat the whole plant with chemical.

It's probably too much water at the wrong time of the yr. Is it winter where you live? When I see this on the tips of the leaves I need to repot to fresh mix then water accordingly regardless of the blooming stage.

Thank you.

Indeed winter comes and night temperatures fall.

With my fluo system, the day is always hot and colder the night now.
I think it's the daytime heat that do not like this venustum.

Anyway I will follow your recommendations reducing watering, change mixtmedia and possibly treat with a fungicide.

Is it correct that more fertilizer rich in potassium is recommended at this time of fall and winter?

My main mission is to preserve the buds !!!! :)

Did you have a problem w/ the bloom the previous instance? If not let it bloom and cut off the problem spot and treat w/ a fungicide powder, captan, whatever..
[Yes I know it's toxic and probably outlawed, but it works!]

I took it as seedling so it would be the first flowering (double bud)! -> fma album "Green Wonder x Albino Beauty". Maybe someone here has flowered the one ? This seedling comes from a usa orchids vendor..

NYEric - We use Captan at the university, carefully and by the label, so I would hope it's not outlawed! :)

Latest posts

Back