Awarded concolors.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quietaustralian

Reaction score
At my local orchid meeting tonight I took the opportunity to search OrchidWiz for awarded concolors. There were 3 entries without pics that were huge blooms according to measurements, from memory greater than 86mm NS. Those 3 awards were from CSA. Is there a web based data base of awards from CSA?

Regards, Mick

Correction: I think the NS was between 91-96mm for those CSA awarded concolors.

Thankyou for the tip Kathy.

Regards and thanks, Mick

You have to see a picture to know if they are real concolor, longipetalum types, wenshanense or artificial hybrids too, the size does not mean much in awards, it has to be the genuine species as well.

You have to see a picture to know if they are real concolor, longipetalum types, wenshanense or artificial hybrids too, the size does not mean much in awards, it has to be the genuine species as well.

Thats why I'm keen to look at the records. Three awards were 10mm wider than others that I've seen pics of and they were all CSA awards without pics.

Regards, Mick

, it has to be the genuine species as well.

AOS judges do their best but plenty of miss identified plants/hybrids have made it though to get awarded.

Also can't vouch for CSA, but distinguishing between varieties is even more hit and miss.

Can probably bring up a million examples, but two obvious are Phal.violacea/belina
Paph philipinnense and varieties.

Back