Award news

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
Today was a good day for me at the Toronto Judging Centre. My Phrag Nitidissumum got a 90 point FCC and Galeandra leptoceras got an 82 point CCM. :D

Phrag Nitidissimum 'Wilhelmina Laarman' FCC/AOS

Attachments

• 2008_0705nitidissimumfccaos0044.JPG
    2008_0705nitidissimumfccaos0044.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 2008_0705nitidissimumfccaos0049.JPG
    2008_0705nitidissimumfccaos0049.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 31
My Galeandra leptoceras was also given an 82 point CCM.

Galeandra leptoceras 'Fergus' CCM/AOS

Attachments

• 2008_0705nitidissimumfccaos0039.JPG
    2008_0705nitidissimumfccaos0039.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 49
Man! You keep racking them up. Great going Wendy:clap::clap:

BTW When are you going to post the measurements on your awarded roebellinii?

Thanks all! I was shaking in both hands and knees when it was being pointed. This is a dream come true.

Rick, I posted the measurments for the roebelinii in it's own thread. (sorry for taking so long) Do you want this one too?

Congratulations, Wendy!

I love the leptoceros! What culture and mix do you use for the Galeandras?

:clap:

I grow all my Galeandra in coconut, perlite and a bit of sphagnum. They grow wet when in active growth...I even stand the pots in saucers of rain water...and they are kept dry when dormant. High light and warm conditions. Grown under lights they don't have a long dormant period. Basically, give them Catasetum culture and they will grow well for you. Oh yes, they like a fair bit of fertilizer when in active growth.

Hope that helps.:) (and thank you!)

Congratulations to the award collector, great job :clap::clap:. Is it still possible to have a close-up of the Galeandra blooms :):) ?? Jean

Here are the measurements and comments for the Phrag....

Nat spread....horiz 6.5, vert 43.4
Dorsal sepal.. 2.3, 13.5
petal... 1.8, 42.5
lat sepal (syns).. 6.0, 12.0
lip (pouch... 3.0, 6.6

Three outstanding identical flowers and one bud perfectly presented on one 59cm arched inflorescence. Flowers light chartreuse; sepals veined apple green, petals pleasingly twisted, margins and mid vein rose, rapidly becoming solid rose, dark at apex; lip overlaid carmel,striped and tesselated darker carmel; interior spotted red brown, darker at rim;stamiode yellow, wings deep red brown; substance excellent, texture waxy.

I might have a close up of the Galeandra on the hard drive but will try to get a new one for you today. Thanks so much everyone!

Latest posts

Back