Any Vegetarians Here?? Seeking Ideas...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
I am not one, but I have given it a lot of thought.
I have tried a few times and failed. Main reason : Hunger! :p

I can't imagine how to stay not hungry in between meals?

Plus, I am concerned about balance of nutrition intake mainly through vegetarian meals in the long term.
I am against taking pills in general.

How do you practice it and how do you like it??
Give me some examples of what and how much you eat at a time.

This is mainly for those who have been vegetarians (or even vegans) for quite some time, so please don't come and argue about how wrong or right it is.

Let's keep it on point and clean. ;)

Thanks!

A picture of my beloved sweetheart creation
cheers!!!

3cde4566fce4439d53fd98c90e6bebed.jpg

47f962d26d2d5148cc3b7e516400775b.jpg

14d03c7866d9c442b2d3a9b83ff693a5.jpg

22b36a3fa79dad233f1856e520d2b286.jpg

I am not one, but I have given it a lot of thought.
I have tried a few times and failed. Main reason : Hunger! :p

I can't imagine how to stay not hungry in between meals?

Plus, I am concerned about balance of nutrition intake mainly through vegetarian meals in the long term.
I am against taking pills in general.

How do you practice it and how do you like it??
Give me some examples of what and how much you eat at a time.

This is mainly for those who have been vegetarians (or even vegans) for quite some time, so please don't come and argue about how wrong or right it is.

Let's keep it on point and clean. ;)

Thanks!

Vegetarian for 2+ yrs and vegan for about a year. It was easy for me,since I barely ate meat that often. I do take a daily vitamin, but that is for my neurologist. Something about one of my pills making me low in certain Vitamins or something. That I started years ago, so its not because my diet.
I do Kale chips in between meals if I get the munchies. I remember different companies making fake meats. I look up recipes and made my own. I eat tons of veggies,Curries, and fruit. It is something you have to have motivation for. Mine was my health. I found out how much Depakote got pumped in poultry and cattle.

15 grams of protein (beans, cheese, eggs?) per meal should keep you hunger-free for 4-6 hours.

Got to be careful about vitamins, if they are daily vitamins and don't say whole food vitamins, they harden arteries, I have type o blood, vegetarian diet isn't conducive to me

Not difficult at all, and you don't have anything to worry about if you're ovo-lacto vegetarian (ie also include eggs and dairy), like me : ) If you're decide to go vegan, you perhaps have to worry a little about B12.

I end up making a lot of my own food and eat across the board -- diverse kingdoms from fungi to plantae, monocots and dicots, all plant parts, all colors, bitter to sweet, and different cuisines from around the world keeps it interesting.

Fermentation also means food transformation and access to beneficial nutrition, so definitely keep that in mind. Perhaps you're getting hungrier more often because you're getting less fat (that's naturally occurring in meat/seafood)? Eating and cooking with different sources oils/fats can also be something to consider.

It's awesome being vegetarian!

Coconut oil is great!!! Our bodies run on enzymes (fermented food) too bad that is not advertised

Got to be careful about vitamins, if they are daily vitamins and don't say whole food vitamins, they harden arteries, I have type o blood, vegetarian diet isn't conducive to me

I will have to look into it. I know its prescribed to everyone that was in the last drug study i was in.

My problem with being a vegetarian is how to draw the
line on what constitutes "meat"...is fish excluded, eggs?
How to get adequate substitutes for animal proteins that
the body needs via evolutionary diets. I think simple
recipes are needed for the non-cook.

My problem with being a vegetarian is how to draw the
line on what constitutes "meat"...is fish excluded, eggs?
How to get adequate substitutes for animal proteins that
the body needs via evolutionary diets. I think simple
recipes are needed for the non-cook.

I think there are a few types of vegetarians.
I think meat is red meat. Then there's white meat like poultry. Then fish, dairy, eggs....

I don't think I'll never stop eating eggs. lol

I don't see how blood type has anything to do with different kinds of diet??

Tofu has high levels of estrogen hormones in it, research it, blood type has everything to do with it, I tried beiing a vegeterian for three years it didn't work for me I suffered, your blood type is what determines what you're body needs, there is plenty of literature on it, I had to find out the hard way

Happypaphy7, remember this, our stomach is really only as big as our hand, or fist, it's best to eat when you are most active biggest meal at breakfast or lunch

I used to be. Off and on for 10 years. My main problem was the high price of vegetables, the need to eat all the time, and huge weight gain and edema when I tried to go high starch. There is a ton of water-weight gain involved, and then the veggies do not have the caloric density so you get trapped into this never ending freeding frenzy. Just look at the frutarians who seem to think that eating 30 banannas per day is sustainable. The less starch you eat, the more you need to eat, the more starch you eat, the faster you will balloon up. (I gained 2 sizes the last time after about 3 months). Sumu wrestlers are vegetarians. You certainly do get enough protien to live on, but in addition you need to eat a ton of carbs.

I've been vegetarian for 18 years; I eat eggs and dairy. I began after seeing the conditions under which animals were raised and killed, and have broken vegetarianism on some instances where I knew the conditions under which the animal was kept and killed and was comfortable with them (fish sometimes, deer sometimes, even goats and sheep I "knew" in life). I find it hard to justify eating something I could not have killed and cut up myself. I feel that eggs and dairy can be sourced from less unpleasant sources, particularly local farms where conditions can be seen. Everyone has their own feelings about these concepts; these are mine and certainly are not imposed on anyone else.

All the discussion about vegetarianism and nutrition can be summarized for me by remembering that most Hindus and Buddhists, about 1/5 of world population, more than a billion people, are vegetarian as well. Of course there are exceptions, but it's extremely common in some parts of the world to eat vegetarian, and they don't take supplements and so forth.

Alot of the ability or inability to break down cooked meat cells to absorption has to do with body type, some people with certain blood types bodies' can some can not, the information on it is available if one is open minded, I too detested the way animals (mechanized dairy farms) were operated, so I went vegetarian not polluting my body as well, no drinking, smoking, no polluntants, but found beiing I have type o blood my body required the complex proteins, I suffered, then through research was able to confirm that, so I eat grass fed barn raised meat from local dairies from my area, it is expensive!! I still do not pollute my body

Back