Another Walk Around the Greenhouse

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been too busy lately to post much or to properly photograph everything, so here's another walk featuring some of the stuff in bloom.

Sl. Golddigger 'Fuchs' Mandarin'

SlcGoldigger211.jpg

A Zygo cross of some sort. It is actually pale blue.

211Zygo.jpg

Scaphosepalum decorum

211Scaphosepalumdecorum.jpg

Paph White Queen 'Kathleen' AM/AOS

211PaphWhiteQueenKathleen.jpg

Paph philippenense var roebelenii

211Paphphilipenensevarroebelenii.jpg

211Paphphilipenensevarroebelenii2.jpg

Dracula lotax

211Draculalotax.jpg

My favourites are the philippinense and the catasetum. Very nice collection.

:clap: Wow, Ross what a lot of diverse bloomers!!!! :clap:
Where had I got the idea that you were only paphs :) ? Nevertheless I esp. like Paph White Queen and the fairrie cross!! Jean

:clap: Wow, Ross what a lot of diverse bloomers!!!! :clap:
Where had I got the idea that you were only paphs :) ? Nevertheless I esp. like Paph White Queen and the fairrie cross!! Jean

While I specialize in Paphs, Julie and I both enjoy a diverse collection. Many did not do well with the limited care I could give them in the house, but are prospering and growing in the greenhouse.

And I think Ross....having 4-5 plants too many (in the house) does NOT help things. (I've been there).

Wow! I'm impressed that you have the humidity to bloom the scaphosepalum and the dracula and not rot out the paphs! Lovely Phil v. roebelenii BTW! Thanx for sharing.

It's all a matter of balance. When I was growing in the drier air of the house, I had much less air movement because it would have dried out the plants too much. Now that I have higher humidity in the greenhouse, I have increased air movement.

What is your average humidity at these days Ross?

I got a data logger for Christmas, and for the winter, my humidity has been averaging 80-85% and not dropping below 70%.

What is your average humidity at these days Ross?

I got a data logger for Christmas, and for the winter, my humidity has been averaging 80-85% and not dropping below 70%.

Mine has stayed in the 70-85+% range, also. It was down to 67% just now, as the temp is a very dry and cool -6F(-21C) and the overhead propane heater was running because the dual fuel program had the in floor electric shut off.

Very nice show, Ross! :clap:
I espezially like the Paph. (Honeycomb Creek x fairrieanum) '#3'!!! I expected a small bloom, because of the fairrieanum parent, but it seems to be a big flower next to your hand. Good shape and nice balanced colors!

Latest posts

Back