Another one...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
Yet another drawing from me.. :D This time Paph lawrenceanum... Enjoy! :)
Plawrenceanumdrawing.jpg

P/s: I know the spikes shouldn't be so short, but its the only way I could fit it into the pic... :eek: Unless I do a Pandora Sellars type drawing and cut the spike off, with the plant in the background (those of you with Cribb's book should know what I mean..).. what do you guys think..? :wink:

P/s: I know the spikes shouldn't be so short, but its the only way I could fit it into the pic... :eek: Unless I do a Pandora Sellars type drawing and cut the spike off, with the plant in the background (those of you with Cribb's book should know what I mean..).. what do you guys think..? :wink:

I think you could sell drawings like that...

Another nice one! :clap::clap:The shorter stalks are A-OK, the perspective for viewing appears as if one is looking down, so flower stalks will seem shorter, your eye is drawn quickly to the lovely foliage!

Thx, Rose.. :) Truth be told, I can never draw the different leaf patterns of various mottled leaved species.. Especially among barbatas and brachys... Some do look distinctive on the plant, but its rather difficult to put it on paper.. I really admire those paph paintings by Pandora Sellars and Carol Woodin etc... :)

Back