Another awarded kovachii!: Phrag. kovachii 'Purple Cow' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Another one of our Phrag. kovachii's got awarded at the Madison Orchid Quest show. It got an AM/AOS with 80 points. It was a little smaller than the one that got awarded at the Winter Carnival show. It has a natural spread of 18 cm, with a petal width of 8.3 cm.

Here is a picture I took of it today (so two days after it got awarded, and it drove back and forth to Madison, so it is not at it's prime anymore):

PhragkovachiiPurpleCowAMAOS80points242012-large-.jpg

One of our Lycaste's also got an AM/AOS (83 points): Lycaste Kawabunga 'Revlon Kiss' AM/AOS:

LycasteKawabungaRevlonKiss83points242012.jpg

Robert

Well done and congratulations.

I think they are both wonderfull, kovachii is always nice to see. But the pink lycaste hybrid is stunning as well.

Congrats on this plants.
It dont look like a cow.
Much better and I love cows..

Gorgeous flower! Congratulations! But, the clonal name has a lot to be desired. Sorry Jason. It's kind of confusing why a commercial nursery would give such an important stud plant a name like that. Perhaps an attempt at humour? My first impression was that it was something a bully would call a fat kid. C'mon Jason, you can do better. How about 'Texas Longhorn'? With those elongated petals and protruding chin, the flower has the "look" of a Texas Longhorn and it doesn't roll off the tongue sounding so much like an insult.

The Lycaste is wonderful and the clonal name is cute/appealing. Congrats on getting that one awarded as well!

A Purple Cow is an ice cream drink, I think made with grape soda and vanilla ice cream dating back to when I was a kid. A purple cow was a good thing and a mystical thing, and now it is a good flower! GO Jason!

A Purple Cow is an ice cream drink, I think made with grape soda and vanilla ice cream dating back to when I was a kid. A purple cow was a good thing and a mystical thing, and now it is a good flower! GO Jason!

In that context, it makes sense.

Congrats to OL!

I never saw a purple cow;
I never hope to see one;
But I can tell you, anyhow,
I'd rather see than be one....

:rollhappy: :rollhappy: :rollhappy:

I love the name and the bloom is delish!!! Congrats on both awards OL! :clap:

Looks like you really bullseyed the culture on these Doc.
Very nice, and congrats!

seems to me all the kovachii awards are awfully high...

Latest posts

Back