And now - scales

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photos are too blurry to see what exactly those are, but to me most of them look like bumps on the leaves.
They are rather common on dendrobiums and phal leaves.

Scales also come off rather easy. Just scrape them off with fingernails and they come off.
Your description of how difficult it is to remove but rather they would go into the leaf tissue also suggests that they are not bugs.
You are just damaging the leaves that way. lol
Yep, true. I think I just solved the mystery however. Removed a rotten leaf and had to cut off pretty much of a bulb to do it and what did I find? I slug... Honestly don't know if that's better or not. :mad:

I prefer dealing with slugs than with Boisduval scales!!!

OMG, sooooo true!
I'm still recovering from the horror of white scales from years ago!
You scrub everything off, and spray, and think they are all gone, only to find them a few months later. and onto other plants!

I had to toss them all and that was the end of them.

I prefer dealing with slugs than with Boisduval scales!!!
That's good to hear! The slugs seems easier to prevent from spreading, at least in an indoor environment, no miniscule air-current riders in the case of slugs.

I agree: Not scale. However, not slugs, either. Nor damage from slugs chewing.

I think it's like Lance says:
You said the spots were like blisters.
This might be Edema.
Yes and edema was my first thought so I think that's what it was. At least all of this led to me discovering the slug before it managed to damage more than the newest bulb, so it was not in vain.

Oh, and to repot the Den and its Paph friends only to confirm they all had a lot of rotted roots and were grossly overpotted. So in the end, I hope the results will be good. I just hope my little Den survive its very rough start at my place.

Latest posts

Back