Alright...the first species I have to have

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Candace

Reaction score
Is there a site or list somewhere of all the different varieties or forms of venustum? Maybe with photos, too?

ChrisFL

General Disarray
Reaction score
Krull-Smith. They're not that expensive anyway. If you want expense there's this thing called sanderianum...
I saw sanderianum seedlings this weekend for $20 a piece. Years from blooming, I would have bought one if I had the room simply because of the cool history/stories (eg. Hansen).

rdlsreno

Reaction score
Golden Gate Orchids of San Francisco has a lot of them both color form. There is a show in Austin that just opened Heart O'Texas Orchid Show, maybe they have some at the show.

Ramon:)

Rick

Reaction score
Is there a site or list somewhere of all the different varieties or forms of venustum? Maybe with photos, too?
I would like to see this too. There are a bunch of them too.

Tom Kalina has (or had) a few different forms on his list (Fox Valley).

I don't think it should be a problem to find young venustums at affordable prices, but you may end up with several choices to make:evil:

E

Eric Muehlbauer

venustum is actually a pretty inexpensive plant as far as paphs go....and I'm glad to see the coloratum forms coming back...for a while it seemed that only the alba forms were being sold. I think that the coloratum forms have been a little, shall we say, over-named? I think its really just the alba form and the coloratum form..although the best coloratums have a lot of red in the petals... has "Foxcatcher" ( the FCC one) been selfed? or rather.....are the seedlings on the market? Take care, Eric

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Paph venustum. Where can I get an inexpensive seedling to test culture on?
Find "It's A Jungle" in Austin. Wanice always has Paphs, maybe not venustum but good ones to practice on. Also think about jointing the local orchid society "Heart of Texas". I know many of the members and 5-6 of them have lots of Paphs:)

Rick H