adductum: pollen left

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fibre

Reaction score
I have a nice short leaved Paphiopedilum adductum The flower has good shape but the plant isn't strong enogh to carry a capsule. If anyone is interested in the pollen, please let me know.

ekj70x.jpg

received pollen today..will be placing on a chiu hua dancer ..should be interesting...and bring the size of these plants down

Update on Capsule Projects:

I’m currently in the middle of harvesting some, if not the bulk of last year’s capsules. This one here is the one pod I had the highest hopes for, and couldn’t have had higher expectations for what some people might just have regarded another highly dangerous cross, with loads of monster potential.

6808001535_c96deb7818_z.jpg

Well, I’m not, and never haven been your standard hybridiser, though: I have to admit, would have killed for a full capsule of viable seeds of this cross. And things looked great until opening what I would have 100% believed to be a very good capsule. Little does one know after 20 years of doing this sort of thing, I can promise you that much! I'd claim that a Paph. adductum crossed onto this:

6072544136_8ecdcde0c7_b.jpg

would have been worth our while.

In a sense of fair play I just wanted to show this completely empty capsules of my (what I call) Paph. H.K. **** X Paph. adductum.

6808012939_9c13c0687d_b.jpg

The sad thing is: I have not had an empty pod of any Paphiopedilum in 10 years. I’ve had bad pods, with a few seed, I’ve had pods with next to nothing in them, but was always able to get at least a few flasks out of whatever it was. This time: nada. Niente.

The only good news is: I have two more pods X Fibres’ adductum I was given, growing, crossed into Brachypetalum projects, which would be equally grade to have in my arsenal on the shelf. I’ll keep you posted!!!

i ended up using the adductum pollen you sent me on my nicely colored sanderianum ...will know in a couple months if we got any viable seeds ..always hard to tell with sanderianum but its been 3 months and the pod hasnt turned brown

i ended up using the adductum pollen you sent me on my nicely colored sanderianum ...will know in a couple months if we got any viable seeds ..always hard to tell with sanderianum but its been 3 months and the pod hasnt turned brown
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Latest posts

Back