A sunny morning in my gh!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
When I entered my gh this morning (main purpose this time: watering! As the temp inside get down to 12 C at night, I only water every 8-12 days now!), I was glad to see sunrays bringing an unusual light on my plants!!! We did not have lots of sun these last 2 weeks! I took the time to take some pics!

Rhynchostylis gigantea in bloom:

One of my callosums just opening, having a first look at the sun!

One lonely large catt hybrid bloom:

3 of those Laelia autumnalis plants blooming right now with about 18 flowers:

Paph mem. Larry Heuer: I brought this one along from my last Amazone visit, and hope the bloom will open just a bit more :):

Hope you like them! Jean

What a nice way to wake up!! All the blooms are gorgeous! Great growing! Thanks for sharing!

I've got a sunny day in my GH today too!! Very nice Jean, it's wonderful.:D

But I did get up at 5:30 this morning (still dark) to change the propane bottle:mad:

It's so good to hear someone out there is getting sunshine!! Great plants Jean. I had a bit of a scare Christmas eve. A strong windstorm with freezing temps blew through here knocking out electricity for ~4hrs. About 2AM I decided to get under the covers because I was freezing then it hit me.."the GH has been without heat"!!! Got it together to rig up a gas heater not dependent on electric when the power came back on. I hope I escaped without damage, it was 40*C in the GH but warmed up quickly once the power came back.

.....knocking out electricity for ~4hrs........ I hope I escaped without damage, it was 40*C in the GH but warmed up quickly once the power came back.

I believe this is an event, all the GH owners would be scared of !!!
A correct backup for electricity is not evident :eek::eek:! I have 2 small petroleum? / ethyl alcohol burners, but did never try if those would be able to keep the Gh from freezing :eek::eek:!!! Jean

Sun? What's that???

Your greenhouse looks like a lovely place to spend time no matter what the weather!

The Larry Heuer looks really light, almost white. Is it, or just the lighting?

Dot, esp. the petals are mostly of a very light yellow, that appears here, also because of the light background, as whitish ! :eek: Jean

Latest posts

Back