A few more Paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Just catching up on some of my current/recently flowered Paphs. Now I'm just waiting on some of my multi-florals to flower. Looks like I will have a few this season. :)

David

Paph Glaucopar (glaucophyllum x parishii)

paphglaucopar20112com.jpg

paphglaucopar2011com.jpg

Paph hirsutississimum

paphhirsutississimum201.jpg

Paph spicerianum

paphspicerianum2011com.jpg

Paph gratrixianum "Ratcliffe"

paphgratrixianum2011clo.jpg

paphgratrixianumratclif.jpg

Paph gratrixianum "Geyserland"

gratrixinaumgeyserland2.jpg

All are fabulous! Glaucopar and gratrixianum especially!

Take a look at the Glaucopar and compare it to parishii (like the one thelink recently posted). This is an excellent example of how glaucophyllum can really boost red tones in hybrids! I love it. Brown + brown + pink = RED. That's my kind of math.

Wow David, don't know what to praise more - the lovely photos or the lovely blooms. P. gratrixianum and the P. Glaucopar are stunning - congrats.

Wow......That gratrixianum is growing super! :D Where did you get the Glaucopar from, David? Nicky Z?

Thanks. I got the Glaucopar from a guy called Rob Pollock. He has a small orchid nursey on the south coast of NSW. It may well have been his own breeding as I know he has parishii in his collection.

I love the gratix. Is it a big plant? From the picture, it looks compact.

No, it is quite compact really although it does multiply fairly rapidly so you can end up with a big plant pretty quickly. A lot smaller than say villosum. Of the Paphs species I have grown, it is by far the easiest to grow and flower. It is a weed really. A great plant for beginners I think.

David

Latest posts

Back