Crown Jewels (the best of my paphs)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 149187

Reaction score
Some of my oldest and/or most prized plants. A few of these have repot dates that go back 15-16 years ago and are likely close to 20 years old, though I’ve only had them for about 5 years. At least a few of these are from Paphanatics.

Paph Kee Chin Lim (platyphyllum x malipoense)
IMG_9818.jpeg

Paph Henryvan ((glaucophyllum x roth) x henryanum)
09AE389D-E3F2-4428-9E67-39E01FD1BA10.jpeg

Paph philippinese
IMG_9819.jpeg
IMG_8617.jpeg

Paph Angel Hair
IMG_0420.jpeg
IMG_6977.jpeg

Paph Delophyllum
IMG_9801.jpeg

That phillie is fantastic !!!
I'm definitely very proud of that one. It's from Orchid Inn originally from awarded parents. I've got a x self seedpod developing on that one right now, along with a couple other dark-coloured paph crosses including a near-black vinicolour maudiae type.
lovely looking plants.
Please stake that phillie next time. It would look even better.
Can’t! Lol - the shelves don’t allow for 2 foot tall plants. But that’s okay, I like how they look without intervention and awards are low on my priority list

That phillie is fantastic !!!
Hear, hear! 🤩

And the Henryvan is intriguing...I can't really make up my mind...striking colours and I guess it would look fantastic with multiple flowers (btw sequential or multiflorally blooming?)... at the same time you get the feeling, that you would die a slow and painful death if you by accident ate the flower...it's a bit like an orchid flower concocted by the evil mind of Snow White's stepmother! 😁
Do you perhaps have an in-toto photo of the plant and flower(s)?

Kind regards, Jens

Hear, hear! 🤩

And the Henryvan is intriguing...I can't really make up my mind...striking colours and I guess it would look fantastic with multiple flowers (btw sequential or multiflorally blooming?)... at the same time you get the feeling, that you would die a slow and painful death if you by accident ate the flower...it's a bit like an orchid flower concocted by the evil mind of Snow White's stepmother! 😁
Do you perhaps have an in-toto photo of the plant and flower(s)?

Kind regards, Jens
Yeah, you bet. It’s sequential sometimes two flowers, once three. It’s holding a pod with my Angel Hair as the pollen donor. Stoked to see if I can get a better next gen
IMG_0120.jpeg

I kind of like the cascading effect. However you need quite a bit of flowers to pull it off. Do all multi florals grow like this in the wild or do they grow upright like rothschildianum
Not sure, probably depends on a species’ natural ecology. Like sanderianum and a lot of the long petaled types grow sideways off steep cliffs and the spike projects out adjacent the crown (kind of like a lot of phalaenopsis), so they’re not built or intended to support upright growth. But roth tends to be more upright in growth and flowering so the inflorescence seems more sturdy.

48049424987_4606e184a2_z.jpg

And yeah, that would be a cool cross. I only had a couple things in flower at the same time as mine, so I have Angel Hair x self and Angel Hair x gratrixianum in flask and the above mentioned cross. Will be interesting to see how they grow out…or if I can even keep them alive until first bloom. Haha

Latest posts

Back