A cyp trip today

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chuck

Trud, my wife, Carl, Slim(the labrador) and I went on a cyp trip today. June 15 is "the day" for yellow slippers here. We went to an area that I have been visiting for about 10 years and saw some nice slippers. It had rained a lot and there were some bugs but it was a nice day.
IMGP0426.jpg

This was a large flower. I like the dorsal sepal.
IMGP0428.jpg

This population have a lot of the burnt orange color. I like.
IMGP0429.jpg

There are a fair number of plants that have two blooms per stem here also.
IMGP0431.jpg

Carl calling me over to see a nice one.
IMGP0436.jpg

I couldn't get a very good shot without laying down in the water.
IMGP0438.jpg

A very pale clone. Only a few light spots inside the pouch and a couple of very light marks on the staminode.
IMGP0445.jpg

After a good but trying day (something about "Oh God there's snakes here") we head home.

The forth plant has a very wide dorsal and petals.

I went to Wagner Natural Area (a protected provincial park!) on June 12th, but I saw mostly buds. I didn't have enough time to go hunting where they might be in full bloom, where it was sunnier.

here is the one I found. A tiny plant with deep colour found inside the trail. It doesn't get too much light then, compared to the ones that Chuck posted.
DSCN1076.jpg

Dot,

Most of the plants are in an area where the is no farm work or grazing. Some of them grow out into the edge of a hay field that is only worked later in the year.

chuck

lovely pix, i couldn't even begin to imagine stumbling across one of these in full bloom!:drool:

Latest posts

Back