A Christmas Ornament

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wanted to share this lovely dark red complex seedling. Several others from this cross were selected for breeding very dark reds. The color at the base of the dorsal is almost black in many of these. It is a cross that flowered several years ago and we continue to evaluate. Several will be used in breeding this season.

HTV09 Paph. Shockwave x John Hanes 'Oceana' B/CSA

Paph_HVT9_9_P.jpg

Theresa.
Hillsview

Last edited:
Nice flower. :)

In general, can you give a percentage of how many seedlings turn out poor, average, good, and award quality in any particular complex cross?

Nope!

But there are better averages using proven parents. I try to use at least one of these proven breeders in a grex, particularly if I am using a selected seeding for the first time. In this case Paph. Shockwave is a new toy, recent registration. The Paph. John Hanes 'Oceana', has a proven track record.

Theresa
Hillsview

I am not really for these 'too' complexes ones, but here is a super combination of colors, and great shape of course!!!! Jean

At one time vinis where crossed with complexs to get very dark complexed shape flowers. Does either of these parent have that in their background?

At one time vinis where crossed with complexs to get very dark complexed shape flowers. Does either of these parent have that in their background?

This is breeding within complex lines, intra-sectional. No vinis were used. We have been working on producing red complex with saturated red color. We have other lines we are very interested in using. The future looks very good with some of these new reds. Like our previous post of Paph. Shockwave x Paeony.

Theresa.
Hillsview

Latest posts

Back