A candy :) Paph. canhii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

paph_mania

So cute like candy :)

2_zpsb419ba37.jpg

3_zps73bdc5d5.jpg

1_zpsd081bb29.jpg

Thank you

Very nice but I think theye are all wild collected. My experience, that canhii is very difficult species, I tried with them three times, now newest seems to be well, established very well, with nice new roots, but slow grower, and while it pushes its new grotwh, older is continously dies back.

I may be wrong but I would guess these plants are fresh collected and now on the way to a new home. Hopefully they will survive at least.

I hope you're hanging on to these guys to breed on. You have some fantastic brachys (I have one of his concolors) and someday you'll have fantastic canhiis. I might add, I'll be in line to buy some of these from you legally as well!

Last edited:
Very desirable! I would love a few of those, .... one day! (I seem to want everything I see) Hopefully these will be available in a few years as nursery raised plants?

I do hope this year I could manage to go to forest to make more photo of this species blooming in the wild.

there's no legal one (raised from seed)? i've seen some, sold in germany, very nice one, not looking wild...and it was in 2012

there's no legal one (raised from seed)? i've seen some, sold in germany, very nice one, not looking wild...and it was in 2012

Not one is legal and not one till now succesfull germinated.
At least not that I have heard....

very nice... but not legal here by now, unfortunately.

The best would be to pick up a few seed pods in situ and reproduce them... Maybe more easy to make legal plants from flasks!

By the way have someone heard anything from our friend who had a capsule on his one...

Not one is legal and not one till now succesfull germinated.
At least not that I have heard....

so i presum you knew who was selling them and that he failed to self or sib them?

so i presum you knew who was selling them and that he failed to self or sib them?

A few selling them actual there are some on the market.

I know from 6 people who had selfed it and it did nothing germinate.

From 2 more I am still waiting to get an answer.
Maybe soemone was succesfull this would be great.

But the main breader who I know failled all. :mad:

Hopeing to get pollen from one of them actual some start to bloom I get told.

by the way some capsule are growing at the moment so we ahve not to give up hope.

I was told that it takes a year or so on the pod. But best is to get some seeds from the wild so we can flask it.

I too think the best strategy would be to get seeds from some capsules in the wild and try to flask them. If you take the plant, track record says they are pretty much doomed. But there will be no capsules to take seed from if everyone keeps taking the plants! But everyone thinks that they will be the better grower and will keep them alive.

Latest posts

Back