54th Annual Paphiopedilum Guild

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Reaction score
This year's premiere West Coast event, the Paphiopedilum Guild, will meet January 16-17 in beautiful Morro Bay. There was so much interest for the Paph. Symposium, I'm hoping some of it will spill over to the other half of the country!! We have a fantastic lineup of speakers for this year's meeting , including Glen Decker on Phrag. kovachii breeding, Samatha Kha on the latest Orchid Zone complexes, Karen Muir, Frank Smith, and our very own drorchid. I hope you all can make it!!

Click here to download the Paph Guild Invitation!!

Have questions? Feel free to PM me or contact organizer Patti James via the email listed on the invite.

-Tim

Folks, this is one of the BEST orchid events of the year! The venue is beautiful, the people are wonderful, and of course it's all about slippers! After years of good intentions, I finally attended for the first time last year and am completely hooked. I could really kick myself for missing all those previous years.

Just do it!! You will be so glad you did!

wait wait wait......$155???? Nevermind how far it is......that's outta reach for me this year.

Yes, I am excited to be there as well. It will be my first time at the Paph. Guild. I will be talking about the latest taxonomy (and history) of the long petaled Phragmipedium species, and show some of the breeding work that has been done with them. By the way if anyone has some pictures of any long petaled hybrids that I can use for my talk send me a message or email. One picture that I am looking for in particular is Phrag. Ruby Slippers (caudatum x besseae) and Phrag. Super Rubies (popowii x besseae), but any other good pictures will be welcome as well.

By the way keep your eyes open for some upcoming AOS Orchid magazines. Both me and Jerry will be writing 3 articles (he did the first and 3rd one, and I helped with the second one); we will be talking about Phrag breeding, and in his last article he will talk about Phrag culture. You will recognize a lot of pictures in the magazine, that I have posted here on Slipper Talk over the years.

Robert

By the way keep your eyes open for some upcoming AOS Orchid magazines. Both me and Jerry will be writing 3 articles (he did the first and 3rd one, and I helped with the second one); we will be talking about Phrag breeding, and in his last article he will talk about Phrag culture. You will recognize a lot of pictures in the magazine, that I have posted here on Slipper Talk over the years.

Robert
I'll look forward to that!

Robert

You know, on movie shoots, they often give the clothes away when shooting finishes. Any chance you will be discarding some phrags! :crazy:

Latest posts

Back