4 x Hanne Popow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jean, yours is to my mind the "classic" Hanne Popow, very similar to the one I bought nearly 20 years ago, and which started me on orchids. But the patterning I see in the petals of the Wübben one isn't seen in the petals of yours. (And by the way I prefer yours!)

Ok!

btw, I have got over the years some Phrags from Koos Wubben, that did not bloom acc. to what they were labelled :) ! (a.o. some Hanne Popow)

Jean

I'm beginning to have doubts about the ones in the lower right. They are still on the spike some 5 or 6 weeks after opening, and I've never seen a Hanne Popow last that long. But if not Hanne Popow, what else could they be? And why this longevity? I'm not complaining! But it begins to feel to me like a matter of confused ID.

I'm beginning to have doubts about the ones in the lower right. They are still on the spike some 5 or 6 weeks after opening, and I've never seen a Hanne Popow last that long. But if not Hanne Popow, what else could they be? And why this longevity? I'm not complaining! But it begins to feel to me like a matter of confused ID.

In my opinion, the ones on the upper left and lower right are something other than Hanne Popows, something complex. for the lower right, due to the pattern on the lateral sepals I was thinking Phrag Achental x... Very interesting whatever. If the one on the upper left is a Hanne Popow it may be 3 or 4N!!!

The ones on the upper left came from a flask in May 1993 from EYOF. Sue kept an index card with the details of everything that was done in the 22 years since, every re-potting, division etc. So this plant is beyond doubt a Hanne Popow to my mind, as there is a trail of info going back all that way. So probably 4N or possibly 3N.

Yes, Achental x Hanne Popow perhaps for the lower right pair..?

Latest posts

Back