3R petroglyphs part 2

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I told you I had a lot of pictures! (think I need to edit a few more to upload still)

12three21.JPG

12three22.JPG

12three23.JPG

12three24.JPG

12three25.JPG

12three26.JPG

12three27.JPG

12three28.JPG

12three29.JPG

12three30.JPG

So strange ... no need to find life on Mars, we are the aliens. I wonder why, while being capable of designing complex geometrical patterns, they could not hammer hands with opposite thumbs.

While driving with my mother not far from where I saw the roadrunner last year, one ran across the road in front of me and stopped on side of road. But, this was a main road and traffic behind me, no jamming on brakes and waltzing across someone's scrubby property :)

We also returned to bosque Del apache wildlife refuge, where there were a bunch of ducks, snow geese and sand hill cranes. I didn't see masses of descending birds at sunset like last year, and lots of the birds this time were far in the interior areas blocked off from public traffic. After I finish the petroglyphs I'll condense the bosque pictures and post here. This year I was getting video/sound with my phone! Just have to figure out how to post them

Oh; there was a raptor hanging around this one zone that was pretty good size. I first saw it near the road, next to field/woods zone and it was hovering in and around one spot very close to ground. It was searching open pockets in open near trees, then flew across road, over open areas and around in distance.
My mother told me golden eagles did come down from mountains and hang around that area, but I wasn't able to identify this one. It was pretty graceful for being a really large bird; there were numerous other small raptors here and there but since I didn't have long lens I didn't try to get pictures or identify. Very bird rich area!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's some info from one of the info sites
'Petroglyphs at Three Rivers were created by Jornada Mogollon people between about 900 and 1400 AD. A short interpretative trail 200 yards south of the petroglyphs leads to the remains of the Mogollon village, whose inhabitants were likely responsible for the petroglyphs. The site, which was partially excavated in 1976, was occupied for about 400 years. Foundations of three types of prehistoric buildings can be seen here.'

One important point about ancient settlements in the general southwest is that it appears that when there were times of increased rainfall, people expanded their ranges. The land can support crops but is too arid most of the time to support any population when the rainfall decreases again

Back