2 Phrag Belle Houge Points

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilda

Reaction score
North East Tennessee, Z6 , Sunroom, flourecent lig
Another case where I can't make up my mind on which one to keep ! The one on your left is darker in color and a very vigourous grower. The one on the right has a bigger bloom and better petals. The bent bottom petal straightened out on the next bloom.

phrags_oct_09-7.jpg

I agree with Eric, BUT I love red/orange/pink long petal Phrags, so I'd probably keep both. Shoot, they grow so fast, just keep a division of the one you might want to part with.

-Ernie

If the one on the left blooms more often in your conditions than the one on the right, you might want to keep that one, (sell the other to me) but if your goal is collecting AOS awards, rather than enjoy flowers, I would keep the one on the right.

Ernie,
Great minds think alike, and I have decided to keep a division of the one on the left .That is what I did with the Paul Eugene Conroy I posted a few weeks back. A girl can't have too many long petaled phrags !!:rollhappy:

Leo,
AOS awards are not important to me, I just love the flowers and actually like to see the difference in blooms from different breeders.

The one on the left came from Breckenridge Orchids(no longer in business). I wouldn't say it is a better bloomer, but does seem to grow growths more easily . It has another growth which will spike soon...wouldn't do it at the same time :( .

The bigger bloom on the right is from Chuck Acker...4N breeding I am sure.
Thanks for looking everyone !

Good decision, Gilda. I had to make a similar one on two Belle Hogue Points. I still don't know if I made the right decision.

Latest posts

Back