2 new arrivals

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MaryPientka

The first is a vietnamense from Orchid Zone, shipped in bloom. I love the deep color in the pouch and am very happy with the shape.

The second is a malipoense from Thanh, shipped in bud. This is a lovely multi growth plant. I'm anxiously awaiting the bloom :)

Thank you both!

Attachments

• IMG_0408_Fotor_Fotor.jpg
    IMG_0408_Fotor_Fotor.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 91
Eric, this is my second go-around with a malipo bud . . .I was humbled and frustrated last year. :)

Linus, yes, I bought it through ebay.

gnathaniel, the viet was probably a little better than it looks in the photo, as it is a little faded from shipment.

I'd also like to mention that the Phrags that I bought from Tom Kalina this past summer are all doing well-sprouting new growth. I struggled with them a bit at first, but the combination of starting with healthy plants and switching to RO seemed to do the trick.

When I joined this forum a year ago, I had ~10 plants. I now have 47 and I've run out of window sill.

My sincerest thanks to everyone.

A 10 to 47 increase in a year is minor league compared to many in this forum. That's not even a blip on the crazy meter. Show us a second year with a 370% increase and we'll be impressed. 221 plants total in October 2015 is your goal. Then you get a cookie.

A 10 to 47 increase in a year is minor league compared to many in this forum. That's not even a blip on the crazy meter. Show us a second year with a 370% increase and we'll be impressed. 221 plants total in October 2015 is your goal. Then you get a cookie.

lol! I grow on my window sills, I'm maxed out. :)

You can glue wider boards onto your windowsills, put a shelf next to your window or set a rolling cart next to your windows (you don't need to see out of those windows) :)

Gorgeous viet! I went from 0 to a bit over 60 in approximately that time
frame. I guess I don't get a cookie, but I'm a happy woman anyway. All
the other orchids in my gh had to go to make room for the Paphs. and Phrags. Well, not my lovely Phal. species. Gotta compromise somewhere.

Latest posts

Back