‘The classic cattleyas’ 2nd edition

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

monocotman

Reaction score

My Green Pets

Fuzzy bud
Reaction score
Looking forward to this. I have read snippets of the 1st edition and it's such good info plus amazing research on the discovery and 'story' of how each orchid came to be where it is today.

monocotman

Reaction score
William, if you don’t have the 1st edition and you grow cattleyas then treat yourself either to this or the first edition. It’s one of the best orchid books I’ve come across. There are plenty of second hand copies of the first edition for sale,
David

PeteM

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this.. I was wondering when this was going to be released.

KateL

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
David,
I am not on facebook (for work reasons), so please update us with the ordering info when it becomes available.
Thanks!
Kate

Djthomp28

Reaction score
I have the first edition, and it definitely worth it to own a copy. I don't grow many classic Cattleyas and still love this book.

monocotman

Reaction score
Will do Kate. I’m keen to know how easy it will be to access a hard copy in the UK
David

SouthPark

Reaction score
Forgot to mention ------ there is probably no clear-cut definition of 'classic cattleyas'. I haven't read the first edition before. I will definitely order a hard-copy of 2nd edition. I'm certain that it will be very good.

I wonder if we can request or pay extra for a 'genuine author signed copy' hehehe. That would be so nice.

PeteM

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Forgot to mention ------ there is probably no clear-cut definition of 'classic cattleyas'. I haven't read the first edition before. I will definitely order a hard-copy of 2nd edition. I'm certain that it will be very good.

I wonder if we can request or pay extra for a 'genuine author signed copy' hehehe. That would be so nice.
In his last AOS webinar, this was option of both authors signatures was mentioned.

Last edited:

southernbelle

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score

When I ordered my first edition Art signed it without my requesting it.

terryros

Reaction score
The first edition is limited to the standard unifoliate Cattleyas but had a "nursery" section consisting of the Laelias that have been moved to Cattleya (e.g purpurata). The history is maybe the most wonderful part of all of the sections, but there is certainly plenty of cultural information. I will be very interested to see how the organization of the book is changed and by any updates to the cultural information and the hybrids section.

h_mossy

Reaction score
The cover has a beautiful C. warscewiczii fma sanderiana on it - wish I had that one.

southernbelle

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
SouthPark. Send a note with your order and ask. You might be pleasantly surprised.
It’s on their website now for pre-order with a December release. There is a box to check if you want it signed.