‘The classic cattleyas’ 2nd edition

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you looking for volume 1 of the classic cattleyas at a sensible price, go to

www.keithsplantbooks.co.uk

he has it for £25 plus postage. He takes PayPal and ships overseas.
I bought my first edition copy from Keithsplantbooks - and he was a pleasure to deal with. Nice, friendly communication through out - and the copy I received was to my surprise totally immaculate', what Amazon-dealers would call 'As new'!

That would be right heheheh. Not blaming anything or anybody ------- as I'm not sure what the problem is heheh. I just ordered an e-book version from Amazon Australia - Kindle version, and this is what I see heheh. I didn't have 'Kindle for PC' software before - so just downloaded that - running on Win 8.1 ----- and that's what I see in the 'notebook' of the Kindle for PC software.

Attachments

• The classic cattleyas 2nd Ed_page 23.jpg
    The classic cattleyas 2nd Ed_page 23.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 7
After searching google for a bit ------ looks like somebody else has seen the same thing. Can't believe those 'amateurs' can't get their software properly tested before handing it out to everybody - Kindle for PC issue

I think I'll follow their lead (if I can) and download an older version of Kindle for PC. That might sort it.

==================

Update - and sure enough, an older version ( 1.27.56109 ) really did sort it. No problem now.

1.31.60170 has that 45 degree angled text thing on my Win 8.1 machine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back