‘The classic cattleyas’ 2nd edition

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This came through from the Chadwick on my Facebook feed-
The 2nd Edition of The Classic Cattleyas will be available Dec 15 with e versions Nov 15. Updates include digital pictures, expanded captions, and new material. Ordering info to follow.
Image may contain: plant, flower and nature, text that says 'THE CLASSIC CATTLEYAS UPDATED 2ND EDITION A.A. A.A.CHADWICKand A. CHADWICK and ARTHUR E. CHADWICK'
=AZVAV8TPkt9-x-8FoOhC7nw8kVn0HlklyggLGZYCL-zIG1HM2atxdMslYMhaAtzXMGnMtV3Das-u2pNzbpoVNidSkAwEZnQrtXk3wkEoJ1ivQdMRXXjsE-gV-L4gqXVaFPm8AV9hh6HZbYAH5wEc5sQbPDpiG9McQOaUbbCUfy9xO82_FDntVywPOPcTflZEB7hEWa0y3VfRY8MCydml9dtc&__tn__=EH-R']

Just in time for christmas!
Even if you are not into cattleyas, this will be a lovely book on orchids to read,

David

https://www.facebook.com/stories/16...giEL3KEDqrig-RN9RLrp7O5J9q4DDDg&__tn__=<<,P-R

William, if you don’t have the 1st edition and you grow cattleyas then treat yourself either to this or the first edition. It’s one of the best orchid books I’ve come across. There are plenty of second hand copies of the first edition for sale,
David

Forgot to mention ------ there is probably no clear-cut definition of 'classic cattleyas'. I haven't read the first edition before. I will definitely order a hard-copy of 2nd edition. I'm certain that it will be very good.

I wonder if we can request or pay extra for a 'genuine author signed copy' hehehe. That would be so nice.

Forgot to mention ------ there is probably no clear-cut definition of 'classic cattleyas'. I haven't read the first edition before. I will definitely order a hard-copy of 2nd edition. I'm certain that it will be very good.

I wonder if we can request or pay extra for a 'genuine author signed copy' hehehe. That would be so nice.
In his last AOS webinar, this was option of both authors signatures was mentioned.

Last edited:

When I ordered my first edition Art signed it without my requesting it.

The first edition is limited to the standard unifoliate Cattleyas but had a "nursery" section consisting of the Laelias that have been moved to Cattleya (e.g purpurata). The history is maybe the most wonderful part of all of the sections, but there is certainly plenty of cultural information. I will be very interested to see how the organization of the book is changed and by any updates to the cultural information and the hybrids section.

Back