Paphiopedilum rothschildianum Z2135 (DS 6.4) x Z2135 (DS 6.3)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabrice

Reaction score
Z2135= Rex x MM ; DS= Dorsal Size.

2nd rothschildianum generation. This cross searched to obtain plants with big dorsal. This 2nd bloom have a 6cms dorsal what is awesome to see in reality. And the size is near 29cms.
The previous bloom was clearly smaller (dorsal and petals).

Rex size and form. MM coloration in the dorsal.

101_0041.JPG

Plant have one old growth, the bloomed growth and a new growth 1/3 size.

The leafspan is 80cms.

great improvement on the second blooming. i have one of this cross i believe and the flower looks pretty similar, but not as good as yours.

My first impression was to be disappointed with clear petals. But as told Spaph, contrast is very interesting and increase the dark side of dorsal.

Yes exactly, reflexing slightly at the bottom.

It's why when I'm looking for the photo, the dorsal seems to be smaller than the reality.

Last edited:
Outstanding dorsal! Really really nice. Should have darker lines on the petals, but the lightness makes this clone special on the other hand...

Not too sure, some of the components look out of proportion to others. Probably because of what we have come to expect? Having said that, yes , the dorsal is very big, just not sure if it is desirably so.

Not too sure, some of the components look out of proportion to others. Probably because of what we have come to expect? Having said that, yes , the dorsal is very big, just not sure if it is desirably so.

In reality, it's less chocking than the photo. But I understand what you mean.
Dorsal is gigantic to compare to narrow petals.

Latest posts

Back