Paphiopedilum rothschildianum 'Sam's Best' FCC/AOS x 'Rex' FCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for the tips. I have got some useful advice. I definitely need to increase my watering. I think that will help a lot. I find it interesting that people are growing them well at 37oC and above. My glasshouse can regularly get to 35oC and above during summer. I was concerned that was too hot, but obviously I shouldn't be.

I like the idea of the Nutricote and thought I would experiment with it, but it doesn't appear to be for sale here in Australia (other than in 25 kg bags for $180). It did use to come in 500g containers but apparently no more. There are other slow release fertilisers such as osmocote but I have read unlike Nutricote, at really warm temperatures osmocote will release all of its fertiliser at once and hence burn the roots. In a warm glasshouse during summer, this would happen often.

they definitely need a lot of water. i am finding that 30-10-10 at 1/16 tsp/gal every watering does well for them.

Latest posts

Back