Phragmipedium Graeme Jones

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We visited Alfredo Manrique in Lima a couple days ago. On his bench he had this very nice PK hybrid. This is a first bloom seedling and Alfredo said it is the second plant of the cross to bloom so far.
The flower has been open a couple weeks and the petals are extremely flat.

Unfortunately Alfredo also informed me that his nursery had been robbed a few months ago, thieves broke in during the night and stole most of his hybrid stock of seedlings. They knew what they were after.

They missed this (Barbara LeAnn x kovachii)...

AMpkH_1.jpg

AMpkH_2.jpg

Whaaaaaaaat?!!!!
That is absolutely positively stunning!!!!!!!

I was wary of PK hybrids at first, but it looks like it takes a few generations and they'll knock your socks off.

I'm speechless.

Did you buy this?

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

It looks much like kovachii itself. Would be nice if this breeding line gave us a flower near the size of kovachii on a more compact plant.

That's more like we're looking for in PK hybrids. Looking forward to seeing more like these.

That looks great!!!! What size was the bloom?

Too bad for this prof. robbery; so even orchid businees makes no exception here:eek:!! Jean

Yay besseae hybrids! :p
Sucks to hear about such thievery. :mad:
This is darker than the previous one I've seen, the color is approaching Pk and the form is nice. Hopefully the blooms will be quicker to bloom and longer lasting than Pk. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
I agree with the rest, one of the best kovachii crosses I have seen thus far!

Robert

I'm sorry to hear about the thieving. Something like that should not happen to such a gentle and giving person. I hope there are some clues as to who the thief was and he/she/they will be caught soon. And Alfredo gets his stock back.

This is really a perfect Phrag.

Latest posts

Back