Paph vietnamense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
First flowering seedling. The colour is nice but the petals are all over the place. I bought this as a small seedling at the same time I paid a lot more for a FS plant. The FS plant went nowhere and eventually died. This one grew slowly but steadily.

Paph vietnamense ('Kendolie' x 'Super Size')

look at that pouch!! very dark!!! Good job in blooming that beauty

That looks like it has good potential especially the colour. Obviously with this being the first bloom, growing on to future blooms has to be worth the wait. It seems this species struggles and it is heard of to cut the spike to preserve energy for the plant. Any cultural advice from others would also be good.

Gary
UK

Damn fine for a first flowering! Great colour on both the pouch and petals. All too often the colour 'bleeds' out, but not with your clone. Well done!

awesome! mine usually die after they bloom, but yours looks pretty strong. keep us posted on it...

I agree, the colour is really good. If the shape does not improve quickly, I'd cut the stem and take really good care of the plant to make it as strong as possible for the next blooming, which hopefully would have better form along with this great colour.

I agree, the colour is really good. If the shape does not improve quickly, I'd cut the stem and take really good care of the plant to make it as strong as possible for the next blooming, which hopefully would have better form along with this great colour.

Total agreement.

I will do that John. Hopefully on a stronger plant the form will improve as you say.

very nice. Most have 'bassett ears' that Ive seen.

Yes, I agree with that. Most seem to have real floppy petals. The petals on mine are way worse than the photos suggest.

awesome! mine usually die after they bloom, but yours looks pretty strong. keep us posted on it...

This is a single growth plant and not particularly strong so I'm a little worried it will do the same as yours.

Wouldn't you self it? That color and form not that easy to come by!

The plant is certainly not strong enough to sustain breeding at the moment.

Latest posts

Back