Paph Harold Koopowitz 'Venous Red' HCC/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:drool: Your plant looks very healthy and big. How many growths?

It has about a dozen growths. It is a big plant. It actually had 3 spikes last year.

Great spike and lovely markings.
Was it your award?

Yes, it was my award. My first award actually. I think it is an AM quality clone though. The flower that was judged was 3 and half months old and fell over 4 days later, so it was way passed its best. Plus it had a small defect which would have cost it points. It keeps throwing up deformed flowers lately so haven't been able to get it judged again.

''Unfortunately the top flower is a bit deformed which is not uncommon with this clone.''

Who cares! I love it as it is. Well done David.

A great display David, and one of my favourites too although a little slow growing. That's a big plant for this kind, so you're doing great with it. Mine has just thrown another spike and I'm hoping for 3 flowers again but need to try to get them all out together this time. Any ideas on this?

Gary
UK

A great display David, and one of my favourites too although a little slow growing. That's a big plant for this kind, so you're doing great with it. Mine has just thrown another spike and I'm hoping for 3 flowers again but need to try to get them all out together this time. Any ideas on this?

Gary
UK

This one is a pretty good grower fortunately. I have another one I haven't flowered yet which is a little slower growing. It is up to 4 good size growths now.

Three flowers is good going with this hybrid. I have never achieved 3 nor do most clones. So are the bottom flowers finishing before the last one is open? That would be impossible on mine as the flowers ar so long lasting - well over 3 months. This hybrid would have the long lasting flowers in my collection. I think I could have 5 flowers on a spike and they would all be open together. I'm not sure why yours would be so short. I expect yoo won't have a problem this time.

The flowers do last David, but the first did drop first before the 3rd opened. I don't change the culture/watering so not sure only wait to see what happens. I have a haynaldianum alba with 2 flowers open but the 2 remaining buds seem to have stalled. Not sure what the answers are.

Gary

This one is a pretty good grower fortunately. I have another one I haven't flowered yet which is a little slower growing. It is up to 4 good size growths now.

Three flowers is good going with this hybrid. I have never achieved 3 nor do most clones. So are the bottom flowers finishing before the last one is open? That would be impossible on mine as the flowers ar so long lasting - well over 3 months. This hybrid would have the long lasting flowers in my collection. I think I could have 5 flowers on a spike and they would all be open together. I'm not sure why yours would be so short. I expect yoo won't have a problem this time.

Back