Paph. Hsinying Lady Duck

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

One of my favorites, combining the best of both parents, IMO.
Lady Isabel x adductum var. anitum or is it called something else now?
In answer to my own question, it's now Hsinying Anita.
HLadyDuck005_zpse5ba48f5.jpg

HLadyDuck010_zpsd50b25f5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice.

This would have to be the first anitum hybrid I have seen where that really dark dorsal doesn't come through. Stonei certainly has dominated this trait. Therefore I disagree that this is the best of both parents. That super dark dorsal is anitum's best feature. Having said that it is still a fine damn orchid. Love the petals in particular.

Thanks for all the nice comments, I enjoy hearing what people are seeing in this clone! Clark - the stam is obscene & you should see how easy it would be to remove pollen, what a hussey! I'll have to see if I can get a shot.
Very nice.
This would have to be the first anitum hybrid I have seen where that really dark dorsal doesn't come through. Stonei certainly has dominated this trait. Therefore I disagree that this is the best of both parents. That super dark dorsal is anitum's best feature. Having said that it is still a fine damn orchid. Love the petals in particular.
Isn't the dorsal the best feature of stonei as well? I guess it has to go one way or the other!
I love the balance/porportion of the flower of this clone. Anitum hybrids usually have smallish dorsals in comparison to the rest of the flower. Anitum contributed to the petal stance & pouch so that's why I feel it's the best of both, or should I say almost the best of both!:p
I got this plant from our long lost, we miss you Ernie, back in July 2008. The plant tag is very clear (P.Lady Isabel '788' x P. adductum var. anitum '#13'), anyone else have this sib cross? I did some searching putting in Hsinying Anita & did find a couple of clones with light colored dorsals. The search of Hsinying Lady Duck produced dark colored dorsals! Oh well we know this is gonna be messed up for a while!

Thanks for all the nice comments, I enjoy hearing what people are seeing in this clone! Clark - the stam is obscene & you should see how easy it would be to remove pollen, what a hussey! I'll have to see if I can get a shot.

Isn't the dorsal the best feature of stonei as well? I guess it has to go one way or the other!
I love the balance/porportion of the flower of this clone. Anitum hybrids usually have smallish dorsals in comparison to the rest of the flower. Anitum contributed to the petal stance & pouch so that's why I feel it's the best of both, or should I say almost the best of both!:p
I got this plant from our long lost, we miss you Ernie, back in July 2008. The plant tag is very clear (P.Lady Isabel '788' x P. adductum var. anitum '#13'), anyone else have this sib cross? I did some searching putting in Hsinying Anita & did find a couple of clones with light colored dorsals. The search of Hsinying Lady Duck produced dark colored dorsals! Oh well we know this is gonna be messed up for a while!

I agree with that. The dorsals are the best traits of both species and they are so different, they are mutually exclusive. So it is one or the other as you say.

Latest posts

Back