Paph dianthum - 5 spikes

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
You have seen this a few times now but probably not looking as good as this. This is a significant improvement on the last flowering 6 months ago (out of season) where I only got 2 flowers a spike. In fact one spike has 4 flowers which is a first for this plant.

dianthum20122com.jpg

Last edited:
this is just an incredible plant, very impressive bloom!! well done

That is really, really nice. Do you think it was the low K fertilizer that made the difference? Or was there some other culture difference?

Bill

That is really, really nice. Do you think it was the low K fertilizer that made the difference? Or was there some other culture difference?

Bill

Thanks Bill. I don't think I have been using the low K fertiliser long enough to have had a significant effect such as this. The last time I flowered it, it was completely out of season, so I wonder if that had an effect. I last flowered this plant really well in 2007 where it had 3 spikes of 3 flowers each. Since then the flowering has been a bit weak. I'm not sure if they have build up to big flowerings with insignificant flowerings in between.

One thing I noticed when comparing with the photo from 2007 is how much greener my leaves are now. The leaves are currently a beautiful deep green colour, I assume due to the increase in Mg over the last year. Previously they were a light green to almost yellow. Maybe that offers an explantion to the improved flowering.

Wow, David, that's one outstanding display! Well done! Is there a chance to have it judged?

Back