Paphiopedilum wardii Bloom Progress 1+ flowers on a spike

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This plant was grown from flask and it came from Orchid Inn and the cross is Paph wardii 'AWOO' x 'Magnifico'. It was the runt of the batch.

Paphman910

This plant was grown from flask and it came from Orchid Inn and the cross is Paph wardii 'AWOO' x 'Magnifico'. It was the runt of the batch.

Paphman910

Cool
Don't know anything about AWOO, but Magnifico is Jo Levey's (Memphis, TN) handle. It could be a very old collected plant.

The dense spotting pattern is very similar to my plant, but I think that was aquired from the pollen parent "Charles" that Gilda used to have.

Cool
Don't know anything about AWOO, but Magnifico is Jo Levey's (Memphis, TN) handle. It could be a very old collected plant.

The dense spotting pattern is very similar to my plant, but I think that was aquired from the pollen parent "Charles".

AWOO = A World of Orchids

Both clone used had AM/AOS beside it!

Paphman910

love the coloration on this one...looks like sometimes it's worth hanging on to the runts.

Three years ago I picked up a division of wardii 'Magnifico' AM/AOS and it does bloom bi-floral on the two occasions it has bloomed for me (under lights). Three flowers is a very nice trait, worth breeding for. Though the flowers present the best if there is only one flower per inflorescence.

Three years ago I picked up a division of wardii 'Magnifico' AM/AOS and it does bloom bi-floral on the two occasions it has bloomed for me (under lights). Three flowers is a very nice trait, worth breeding for. Though the flowers present the best if there is only one flower per inflorescence.

I agree with you Leo! I think the second flower on it is overlapping it!

Paphman910

Update Feb 10, 2012

Here are the latest photos:

wardii09_20120210.jpg

wardii07_20120210.jpg

wardii06_20120210.jpg

Paphman910

This is really interesting... I have had spicerianum throw more than one flower, but never wardii. Thanks for sharing.

Back