late niveum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fibre

Reaction score
Since this plant was damaged by an invasion of flower thrips some years ago, it tries to flower all year round. That's quite a nice touch, but I would prefer to see all its flowers at the same time ;). So I will give it a stronger rest this winter. I think, this will help.

2qmq3ch.jpg

A flowering niveum, and that all year around!!! This is still a dream !!! (but the niveum compot is nicely comin along :))! Jean

It must be a very big plant to have blooming year-around!

Oh yes, it is! I have it for more than twenty years on my windowsills. It survived all my mistakes I did over the years. It is a quite robust niveum for sure!
I like to have big plants! :eek:

Rick said:
Relatively big petals on this flower. And is that a pink blush to the dorsal?
The pink plush is at the backside of the dorsal. It is shining through.

JeanLux said:
A flowering niveum, and that all year around!!! This is still a dream !!! (but the niveum compot is nicely comin along )! Jean

I would prefer to get one great flower show once a year instead of one flower all year long. That's the same reason why I don't like the Cochlos.

Good to hear, that your niveum compot is nicely comin along. Good luck for the coming winter!

A flowering niveum can never be late. :) I think it's gorgeous and I hope I can keep mine alive this winter. :)

:clap::clap: Nice to know there is such a thing as a robust niveum! :drool::drool:

Latest posts

Back