Some blooms

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
6 weeks after the frustrating yearly cleaning of my gh, I find it's time again to post some pics of blooming plants!

I started that cleaning just after returning from holidays in the south of France, where I got used to some sun; unfortunately, because in my hurry I stupidly exposed a good deal of my plants to some hours of full sun outside of my gh: result is that about 50 plants got sunburned, some 20 of them really very strongly (of course some of my best :eek:). Fortunately, the plants that our member Brice brought me the day before for guarding them for 2 months, the period he spends on an internship in Kew :)drool:) were in my 'winter-shelter' beyond my balcony and were not concerned!!! So far , so bad, but nevertheless, here some blooms!

To start with a bloom from a plant I got as niveum Ang Thong:

Then a bloom of Ang Thong alba, I got from Popow a year ago (just opening, if ever I succeed in shooting a better pic, I'll post it):

My curtisii had 2 spikes this year each 1 bloom (from may (first bloom opening ) until now (2nd bloom still open!!)
first in May:

second bloom today (a lot more cupped):

a leucochilum:

a first bloom of a tranlienianum (thanks Chris):

And my 2 Iantha Stage:

and both:

Thanks for having a look :) !!! Jean

Great bloomings!

I understand how easy it is to burn leaves -- one spring day, it was supposed to be cloudy all day, so I set my catts out to acclimate. I was gone to work all day, and when I got back, that sun had been out for more than half the day. It took two years for the plants to recover. I hope yours don't take that long!

Lovely blooms all of them but the 'dark chocolate' colourated P.tranlinianum is the best. I keep my fingers crossed for your sunburned plants to recover very quickly.

If my tranlianum would be blooming I would request pollen from yours to polinate it.

Some nice Paphs amongst those Jean. That translienianum is super dark. I'm not sure I have seen one darker.

Fingers crossed your plants recover well.

David

Back