gardineri

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

Purchased this plant Feb '07 in bud which blasted, it was 3 gr. Nothing for 2008. Then 2009 in bloomed in April & July! Well ... there's no stopping it now-
4 spikes, 7 flowers!
006-13.jpg

007-9.jpg

5" pot with about 8 growths now, I just love it!

:clap::clap::clap: :drool::drool: :clap::clap::clap:

W O W

:p :p :D :p :p

what a plant - what a culture!

;)

That is awsome Rose. You have beautifully grown it to a big specimen.
I, personally still call it gardinerii, but taxonomists made it as wilhelminae or praestan var. wilhelminae. Look at the thread "glanduliferum revisited". Believe me it is soo confusing. In the mean time keep the original name tag.

Fantastic blooming, Rose.

As for the name, by the time I get these names/plants straight, somebody will change them again... :(

Rose

This is the biggest/best grown wilhelm/gardnerii I've ever seen.

I would definitely check the AOS records to see if its good for a CCE:clap::clap:

Given the taxonomy issues, you'd have to research under all the possible names.

The flowers don't have to be the biggest or best quality for a cultural award, but just the best grown with representative flowers.

WOW!! That is just 'AWESOME' Rose. I pick one up in Feb. I hope it does half as good as yours, thanks.... Jim.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU ST'ers!
It does feel great to get one to this point! I have more plants than I know what to do with & sometimes think I'm spreading myself a bit thin when it comes to really getting to know them. I feel it's still somewhat of a baby, I hope I can continue to give it what it wants & needs!
This is super awesome!!! I hope mine will grow-up as nice as yours! Any culture tips??
I don't do anything special, treat it like my other multis - bright light, south end of the GH but it's shaded by 2pm. Let it dry slightly between waterings, fertilize on a regular basis, I rotate MSU, OL's Jungle Green, I got some Schultz's & a bottle of something else & epsom salts & sprinkle the crushed oyster shell around. :p Sounds like a real plan!

......'Looks like wilhelminiae to me.

......I, personally still call it gardinerii, but taxonomists made it as wilhelminae or praestan var. wilhelminae. Look at the thread "glanduliferum revisited". Believe me it is soo confusing. In the mean time keep the original name tag.
Believe me I thought a few seconds & did go back to that thread. I'm going to continue to call it gardineri. The tag says gardineri 'Joe' x 'Ron' and came from OrchidsTN, an ebay vendor.

.....As for the name, by the time I get these names/plants straight, somebody will change them again... :(
oh so true! :rollhappy:

Rose
This is the biggest/best grown wilhelm/gardnerii I've ever seen. I would definitely check the AOS records to see if its good for a CCE:clap::clap:
Given the taxonomy issues, you'd have to research under all the possible names. The flowers don't have to be the biggest or best quality for a cultural award, but just the best grown with representative flowers.
Does one need one of the judging programs/software to access the database? I would like to find out. Judging was this past Sat. but I didn't think it was far enough along with the flowers opening. Sun. was club meeting but no judging, Natt's Greenhouse were our hosts! Timing is everything! This plant has bloomed anywhere Mar-July so maybe we'll hit it right one of these years! .... or depending on how the flowers hold up it might be OK for next month, time will tell.
Does anyone one know - would 2 flowers per stem be typical or has anyone seen one with 3?

I have seen with 3; but, it's not common at all. Considering that your plant is 8 growths, with 4 in bloom and most with 2 flowers, there's good reason to be very impressed!

Back