Paph Formosa Lady

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
You have to be happy with a sanderianum hybrid that flowers every year. Especially when it also includes rothschildianum and praestans. Just a great grower. The next step is to get the growths a bit bigger so it can push out a fourth flower.

David

Paph Formosa Lady (Susan Booth 'Yu-Pin' x sanderianum 'In-charm')

when I look at the petals, somehow they make me think of the image of Body Builders flexing in competion.

Strong plant and impressive blooms!!!! That's a sand. cross I like a lot (maybe also,but not only, for bodybuilder effect :)) !!! Jean

Nice one David.
How did you manage to flower a multi this time of the year, (nearly winter)??

when I look at the petals, somehow they make me think of the image of Body Builders flexing in competion.

LOL. Yes it reminds me of a flexing body builder as well. I do like the broad imposing shoulders on this clone.

Nice one David.
How did you manage to flower a multi this time of the year, (nearly winter)??

Thanks Howard. I don't understand it either. My Paphs are very seasonal flowerers. I could set my calender by them. My multi's pretty well all flower between late October and December. Except this one. It always flowers at this time of year - mid to late Autumn (from at least 4 flowerings). It has never flowered at any other time. Is it the sanderianum? Is this species an autumn flowerer?

David

Very nice.... :) :D

I agree with Hien... :p

If I'm not mistaken, sanderianum bloomings are triggered by very warm days (~35 degrees Celsius), which is not exactly the conditions experiences during autumn in Australia...

:drool::drool::drool::drool:
That's very impressive with 3 flowers! Beautiful well grown clone!
.... The next step is to get the growths a bit bigger so it can push out a fourth flower ......
we're already envious, we'll be adding more want & jealous & _________.

That's one fantastic bloom David! The shape and colours are stunning and it's now one for my wish list.

Gary
UK

Latest posts

Back