canhii bud

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know mayba illegally imporeted(I don't know), anyway I got an offer and I bought it for friendly price.Now it is in bud.

Attachments

• qqq5.jpg
    qqq5.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 140
I know mayba illegally imporeted(I don't know), anyway I got an offer and I bought it for friendly price.Now it is in bud.

Yep, illegally imported. Neither Laos nor Vietnam issue CITES permits for these plants.
I saw quite a few canhii at a dealers place last week and some photos on his cell phone of about 800 plants that he said he had sold to Europe.

I said in a previous thread that I suspected that these plants were probably in ½ a dozen countries by now. Well, we can add Hungary to the list and I’d now say the plants are probably in a dozen countries by now.

I mentioned Laos above because I can confirm that the plants grow in Laos but I haven’t personally seen any evidence that they occur naturally in Vietnam.
Regards, Mick

Yep, illegally imported. Neither Laos nor Vietnam issue CITES permits for these plants.
I saw quite a few canhii at a dealers place last week and some photos on his cell phone of about 800 plants that he said he had sold to Europe.

I said in a previous thread that I suspected that these plants were probably in ½ a dozen countries by now. Well, we can add Hungary to the list and I’d now say the plants are probably in a dozen countries by now.

I mentioned Laos above because I can confirm that the plants grow in Laos but I haven’t personally seen any evidence that they occur naturally in Vietnam.
Regards, Mick

might as well for the Vietnamese government to issue the Cites permits, don't you think? They could artificially raise seedlings in Vietnam, then assign a number for each plant exported (no reproduction allowed similar to the patent of yamamoto dendrobiums) Any plant without a numbered certificate is illegal.
It definitely can be done.
This way , they can protect the wild plants, keep the production right while fullfill the orchid worldwide collectors' demand.
There is a similar situation where the Vietnamese government auctioned antiques to united states from the recovered ship wreck at Cham island. Every piece has a seal with its own number (recorded).

Latest posts

Back