Paph.vejvarutianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then What is this??? Bud Sheaths and leaf undersides are the same as the photos posted..

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_0340-1.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_0026-1.jpg

A paler form, possibly grown warmer than the more colorful ones.

rick its the exact same as those pictured. i do not have a photo of the base archived but i will take some more pictures asap.
all this being said.. i wanna see somebody show me the (morphological) differences between barbigerum, lockianum, vejvarutianum, coccineum etc.. maybe theyre arent any and their based on reproductively isolated colonies? maybe they (the differences) are very subtle and they were just given extra special attention by taxonomists who dont like theories of species variation too much??

I got a large plant last year from Andy's Orchids, labelled as #5538 Andy's Orchids "Paph. charlesworthii type (Vejvarutianum) Burma. It had two distinctly differently marked clones in the same pot, so when I got home I separated the whole thing into about five divisions. The first is now flowering and looks very similar to yours, Ice, but with less lavendar and more white on the dorsal. I am going to label each plant as they bloom with a photo ID card, since the best plant had a significantly larger and darker lavendar area. So, they were clearly individual differences as opposed to cultural. The cultural would still, of course, apply as well if I were growing these in differing conditions.

That's really a most impressive plant Pete, and I like the blooms!!! (I just rechecked the different threads when I saw the one of Carsten :) ) Jean

cool. well anyways, i should have a selfing of this back from the lab in a couple monthes and i plan on growing out most all of them to see the variation

ill consider it... but then i might be dealing with different cultural conditions (warm/cool etc) have affected the flowers !

Latest posts

Back