Paph. helenae forma aureum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fibre

Reaction score
Paph. helenae forma aureum is now flowering on my windosill. The coloured helenaes are in low bud and still need some time to flower.
I like this form very well, but they don't strech their petals. :( They are always loking like helding their pouch.

helenaefmaureumteacupsm.jpg

helenaefmaureumsmal.jpg

Last edited:
gorgeous!!! I love Paph helenae, and teh aureum form is (IMO) just fantastic...

If you hate it so much I'll give it a good home. I LOVE the petals embracing the pouch. I'm so tired of the attitude that every flower must be flat and round to be good. Why can't we enjoy things in 3 dimensions?

Very, very nice!! Love your blooms. The teacup presentation is a cute idea!!Very adorable!

If you hate it so much I'll give it a good home. I LOVE the petals embracing the pouch. I'm so tired of the attitude that every flower must be flat and round to be good. Why can't we enjoy things in 3 dimensions?

You are right Kirk! I like three dimensional flowers, too! For example Ross' Paph Memnon. http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14203
Paphs are not only made to be photographed from a front view!
Sure, I like this helenae a lot! I would like it even moore, if it wouldn't held down his patals so much.

Oh please invite me over for tea one day. :)

I wonder when someone will put a big complex red's pollen onto one of these and try breed teacup complexes. Imagine a tea cup (or coffer mug if you prefer) full of lovely little red bulldogs.

Fibre, that is a lovely flower on a wonderful plant and the potting is an excellent idea. Next time I visit a flea market I will watch out for some old tea cups and drill some holes in them. My helenae is going into a pretty tea cup ASAP.

Love these :drool::drool:,

Does anyone have the delicata form, or any information about it. There is a photo in the latest Orchid Digest and I just love the pink color, but haven't really heard anything about it.

Susan

Latest posts

Back