Paphiopedilum rothschildianum "Green Valley" X Dou Fong"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabrice

Reaction score
My last one for this year, and probably my best roth. First blooming, 3 buds, size of 26cms (and maybe more because I'm always too impatient), dorsal 6cms. Color and form are good. It could be maybe a futur champion...:thumbsup:
Very dfferent of the others for this cross.

010biss.JPG

And second photo to compare with my other "unknown".

021.JPG

Damm! Both are nice Fabrice! OF course the GV X DF has better color in the petals...I have that same cross, fingers crossed!

wow!!! the first roths are already very nice, but this one could be a champion, as you say !!!

Yes, my best roth; no doubt!

Sam told me it was one of the best of the cross, except it has "only" 3 flowers (He has 2 or 3 plants with 4 flowers but smaller flowers)

Very cool. That is a nice one. Congrats. I have one of these. I hope mine comes out anything close to yours.

3 years later (The plant was very weakened after first bloom), the 2nd bloom. But as I'm a piece of ****, I broke a part of the spike (not completely) under the 1st bud. So, It's not a normal growth for this one. I like the flower but smaller than in 2010. I cut the 3 other buds because it will be too long with the spike partially broken.
I will keep pollen because this plant have a big potential.

100_9433.JPG

Nice. Definitely one of the better ones from the cross.

I agree my roths can take some time to rebound after blooming as one growth seedlings.

My theory is they had so many years to build up to flowering on the first growth, but then the new growths only have a year or two before they are trying to bloom again. I have one that was awesome on the first blooming, then really weak on the second blooming, but is now looking much stronger with the newest growth.

Very nice. I should have gotten one of this cross. But I cant justify paying the price at that time. Oh well next time I guess.

Latest posts

Back