A bunch of brachys

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

Most are new ones I got from Nick, 2 are from FoxValley. I thought it would be easier in a slideshow, click the pic & start the show! Nick's flowers are a bit on the cuppy side but considering they're first time blooms & they came bareroot just 3 weeks ago, I'm holding on to all for a second blooming!

I love them all!!!! You bloomed them in 3 weeks from receiving them??? WOW!!!! :clap:

Thanks guys!
I love them all!!!! You bloomed them in 3 weeks from receiving them??? WOW!!!! :clap:
I purchased the inbud offer, so considering they were unpotted, shipped & repotted, they're opening quite well & there's still 2 more to come yet!

There are a couple of ones in that bunch that are particularly nice. I'd hang on to them too.
Which ones do you like?
Like you've said Nick's are similar but they certainly have just enough difference too. There's not one that I dislike but if they all flatten out - OMG!
I'm really liking 155 Mem. Jim Coyle (Castle Greyskull x S. Gratrix), 153 Bacon Trix & Triple Bella (Bella Lucia x Triple Trix). I've had the leucochilum a year or two & it's a keeper, I think the flower size is a bit small, but she's lovely!

Very nice Rose (no matter what Eric says!) I even snooped a round and looked at other pics you had, like that charlie!! and the chuck hybrid!!

I've been enjoying your photos and following this particular thread... I also took advantage of the in bud offer and should be receiving the plants some time this week (thanks to my boyfriend as an early bday present). I'm really looking forward to seeing what blooms for me. Thanks for sharing and raising my anticipation! Barbara

Very nice Rose (no matter what Eric says!) I even snooped a round and looked at other pics you had, like that charlie!! and the chuck hybrid!!
:rollhappy: Be my guest! I didn't post a pic of the charlie on the forum, I'm hoping to get that 3rd bud open while the other two flowers are hangin' on! I got that plant from Fox Valley 2 years ago, a 4 growth plant, it's up to 7 since then! The chuck hybrid is Mac Worth, which I did post here, it's a favorite!

I've been enjoying your photos and following this particular thread... I also took advantage of the in bud offer and should be receiving the plants some time this week (thanks to my boyfriend as an early bday present). I'm really looking forward to seeing what blooms for me. Thanks for sharing and raising my anticipation! Barbara
Barb - you will not be disappointed! You will need 3 1/2-4" pots to accomodate the root systems, I was blown away!

I am jealous of anyone who can grow Brachy's so well.
Next year will tell if I can grow brachys! I figured if I'm going to venture into them, start with the best plants you can get your hands on! The 2 I got from Fox Valley, a year & two ago, I've done fine with & I got a couple of mini compots of leuco's from Dean, which are doing nicely as well, so it was time for the next step!

I have a couple more that opened-
Conco Lucia 131 and then a side by side of 132 which is the reverse. I like both but there are some things I like better about each one, too bad I can't put them together!
morepaphs002.jpg
morepaphs004.jpg

S.Gratrix 161, the only disappointment but will give it a 2nd blooming & hope it opens up!
morepaphs005.jpg
morepaphs006.jpg

Latest posts

Back