Paph Cooksonii 09'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I got this plant from the Gerbers a few years back and it must of been a 12+ growth unbloomed seedling:D Well, it bloomed last year, one growth, one flower. This year I get one growth, two flowers. Yeah!

Whole plant.
P1000150.jpg

Flower(s)

P1000147.jpg

P1000148.jpg

I like this a lot - fantastic veining on the petals and dorsal! :clap::clap::drool:

Am I right in my memory of this being druyii x roth? Could you tell me your cultural conditions for this please?

Thanks

Dan

I like this a lot - fantastic veining on the petals and dorsal! :clap::clap::drool:

Am I right in my memory of this being druyii x roth? Could you tell me your cultural conditions for this please?

Thanks

Dan
Yes,Dan you are right about the cross. I give it the brightest light I can all year (cattelya), maxium concentration of fertilizer and the lower 50's for night time winters. It's a 15 plus growth plant in a 6 inch aircone pot so, being big maybe a factor as well. Ross posted his plant last year. He maybe able to tell you more and how large of a plant his is.

VERY nice. I keep torturing my Cooksonii in hopes of convincing it to flower but no luck yet.:( It is a huge plant as well....many growths. Thanks for the tips.

Interesting & what a difference from last year! Thanks for the cultural tips .... hmmm .... makes me wonder if my roth x tigrinum might respond to that treatment!

Cool, bright and dry from Feb to mid March seemed to get the job done. I got tired of messing with the plant once I solved the puzzle, and sold it in bloom a couple years ago.
Ross,
Shame on you! IMO you only solved part of the puzzle. Now I want to figure out how to get more then one darn spike! on a big a$$ plant!:D

Latest posts

Back