Dracula felix

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This poor plant has managed to survive my "learning period" and has finally bloomed. Hopefully, my culture is now good enough to allow the plant to overcome my initial mistakes.

Draculafelix.jpg

yes, real cool blooms!!! I love them but killed mine all (+/- 15 draculas :eek::eek:)! Now I have stopped buying them, but continue to believe that they have very outstanding flowers within the orchid family! Jean

They are so cute!!! Nice colour pattern!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Now I guess they are happy...:D

I just love Draculas! I don't have enough humidity for them to flower well, though. This one is really a cutie -- such an innocent little face.

I just love Draculas! I don't have enough humidity for them to flower well, though. This one is really a cutie -- such an innocent little face.

This one is too big to fit in my orchidarium, so I hung it in the trees outside. I was watering it every 2nd or 3rd day until I talked with Harry from Andy's Orchids in September. He said to water more heavily (daily or more). All the new growths look good and it bloomed in the house under flourescent lights.

This one is too big to fit in my orchidarium, so I hung it in the trees outside. I was watering it every 2nd or 3rd day until I talked with Harry from Andy's Orchids in September. He said to water more heavily (daily or more). All the new growths look good and it bloomed in the house under flourescent lights.
When I had a couple, I put them out in the shade in the Summer. It's quite humid here, but usually quite warm in the summers. They did very well, and when they bloomed, the blooms were very good and lasted a long time. Unfortunately, Summer is short, and when I'd bring them in, they'd start deteriorating. I ended up giving them to Lynn O'Shaughnessy -- who bloomed one and got it awarded!

http://www.pleurothallids.com/dracula_dot_barnett.htm

Last edited:
I'm pretty much out of the Dracula biz myself now too.

They are so cool, but it just too hot here.

Good growing Ross:clap:

:rollhappy:

Unfortunately, Summer is short, and when I'd bring them in, they'd start deteriorating. I ended up giving them to Lynn O'Shaughnessy -- who bloomed one and got it awarded!

I used to live on Lynn's website. I couldn't keep pleuros at all till I got the ultrasonic fogger. It's been down for about a months so now I use a spray bottle to mist a few times a day.

There is an excellent article on Draculas in the latest issue of the Orchid Digest. Also good ones about Masdevallias, including one by Lynn on growing them. If you have the magazine, check the photo of the outdoor shadehouse in Lynn's article. It's mine.

Back